Wednesday 5 January 2011

There and Back Again

no, this is no Hobbit's tale.


Although at my height, there may be some possibilities, and the fact that i have big..no wide feet?..ok that's not the point. Its the New Year :) .
2011.

And naturally a lot of things have happened since my last post. Good things. a lot of good things. Looking at the sidebar of things i wanted to achieve by the end of 2010? Glad to say i scratched out most with gusto.
To start things off, how was your NYE? I spent mine at home, very quietly sleeping. hehe. yeay, no excitement there. I fell asleep between 10 to 11 watching fireworks outside my house. But i did have a new Year's Day barbecue with my friends :) we shopped, cleaned and cooked our way through a lot of sea creatures and added in some Italian choices for the menu. After dinner, we played fireworks and a game of monopoly before we retired around 10pm. woot! we play hard don't we?

Did i mention that i'm done? I'm done with being a medical student?
yep. Finished.
I've graduated to being a real life doctor now.
wow.
Feels cheesy saying it.
I think other people should say i'm a doctor. I feel cheesy.
....
....
No, I'm actually really happy and proud of myself for going through 5 and 1/2 years of medical education to grant a title with a much bigger responsibility to humanity than i could ask for.
I still can't believe I'm a doctor.
    Nadiah Alwi. M.D


And yes, i am still in Makassar Indonesia.
Had my oath-taking in the last days of December.
None of my family member was there though because everything was so last minute, and rushed. I only knew i could join the oath-taking ceremony the day before, so you see, i only told my parents on the day itself.

Among the 30 that took the oath with us, 5 of us decided to run to a photo studio and get snapped. In our gear. It was one of the most fun  I had. Free from worry.
So this post, that i'm writing here, is just to tell you, i graduated :)
Mum and Dad, this was for you. Alhamdulillah. 

2 thoughts:

Unknown said...

dokter nadiah!!!!!!!!!

Dydee Alwi said...

baru sedar someone actually read this :p hehe thanks sis. xioxo!