Wednesday 25 March 2009

Oh Baby Baby

The lyrics to a certain song of Ms.Spears probably springs to mind eh?

Babies. They have a certain scent to them. After a while you kind of miss it when its gone.

Perinatology was brief and eventful, I had 8 newborns under my care for a week. And I lost one. I had tried with all my best efforts to avoid losing one,

But it had to happen. That was last week, my 7th week in Paeds. Total accumulation of patients I have lost to God and fate was 7.

I remember each one vividly. How can you say I don't care? I do. I never stopped caring. I just have to move on more quickly than others. Because there are other lives for me to care for.

I am now in my 8th week. I pray no one gets lost this time


 


 

Shades of gray seem to color my entries recently I think

But I am in no foul mood at all.

Weird. I'm smiling, from ear to ear

Truthfully!

And no, its not because the week is ending,

Not because my exams are growing nigh,

Not because I'm going to fly home soon,

Not because I've expanded my waistline,

Not because its not flooding anymore;

Just because.

I like smiling.

Smiling makes me happy.

And yes, I like to know that I sparkle when I smile.

Peace.


 


 

Things to do by 27thMarch:

  • Study and excel in my exam!
  • Renew Study Visa!
  • Renew SKLD!
  • Renew STNK mobil!
  • Apply for Re-Entry permit
  • Buy Tiket to Melbourne/perth/Bangkok/Christchurch (cannot choose yet)
  • Move from old house
  • Pay Bills Bills Bills
  • Island Trippin in Makassar :P – I need to see the beach and swim my stress away. Huhu


     

    Dee.


     

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 thoughts: