Tuesday 16 December 2008

Picnics, Karaokes and Baked GoOds

Picnic at Lake Gardens





The 2 Bday gals: Adeq + Mel




Carlo's Canteena : yummy beef enchiladas This is my car: Extremeeeee :) haha




Another year is ending, and although i was lucky enough to get a 2 week break to fly back and celebrate some year end holiday-cheer with my family and friends; i'd have to say that i'm feeling a bit down still.

It's the whole leaving, goodbyes and the knowledge that once i step on that plane, and later turn the keys of my front door back in Makassar, no one will be home, waiting for me.

No annoying kids running around asking me to take them out.
No more screams or even tears shed from a harmless sibling wrestle-match.
No one to wake me up in the wee hours of the morning just to watch football.

You get my drift. but then again, i do know that if i have all that to worry about way over there, it probably won't be easy to finish my studies by 2010.

In 2 weeks; i have had a blast. Baking cookies, muffins and yes, eating loads and loads of cuppacakes (thank you Naurah ;) There was that lovely picnic at Lake Gardens (yes mum, thank you for the map...i...wouldn't have made it there without you. hehe)
which ended at kopitiam.
Back to back karaoke sessions at Redbox?! Oh the songs we picked. The windbreaker wearing rapper of the 90's, haha. those were good times.

Ahem. Now, on to the serious stuff.

Next department: N-E-U-R-O-L-O-G-Y

Am i prepared? Heck, i'm far from prepared.

HELP!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just in case i won't have time later to type this in. here's my New Year's resolutions: 2009

  • Finish Level 1 & half of Level 2 Clinicals!
  • Travel to Europe/ Asia (i keep putting this off...no more!) in between my breaks
  • Be more thrifty with my monthly allowances..
  • Stop eating so much junk...ok.maybe reduce junk food intake (i need to practice what i preach..haha)
  • Recycle, Reuse, and be more Environmental friendly! (the earth needs our help)
  • Read read and read more books. (I am never as knowledgable as i ought to be.)
  • Cook more, talk less and sleep whenever possible. (yes yes yes.)
Haha,
Dee

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

oh babes.
i LOVE u :)