Friday 26 December 2008

Accumulations

I am next door, in a huge house, yes..not my own..finally able to get online for a teeny bit of leisure plus work.

references galore is what i should be cruising-or better suited term is surfing for. but i thought i'd drop in and write a bit. its 2.30pm. i have 6 hours before i have,..no-wait 5 hours before i have to leave for my my on-call shift at the neuro dept. for the next 24hrs. ahh. i can hardly wait.

sure, i would like to share the few experiences, funny 7 sad moments all rolled up in one day under 15 minutes of life changing actions. it's a great tribulation of feelings when you come in to see a patient whom had attack of stroke, unable to move, speak or even open his eyes..just look at you, smile his/ her crooked smile and say "Thank you."

Of course, i wasn't the dr. that treated or signed his prescriptions..but i was the junior doctor that accepted him/her and his/her family when they first came.

The rest of the days aren't as great..after a while you get stuck in a rut of routine work that you have no identifiable feelings for some patients. or so i hear my residents say...its dissapointing. thinking if you'd turn out like that.

Okay. i'm getting lost in translation already.

work is never done.

Untill then,
Dee


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Putting on a smile everyday is tiring.

Telling everyone you’re fine and dandy when you have no idea how you are – even worse.

So how do I fix it? Am I depressed? Seriously?

Why.?

I have so much going for me, things that some people can only dream of. But why am I not HAPPY?

Yes. I get lonely. I live in a house alone. I eat by myself. I study on my own. And watch dvd’s in the comfort of my own home ALL by myself.

Don’t get me wrong. I call up the occasional friends to go out, n have fun or just ring em up to hang out when they’re free. Maybe I don’t make enough effort to socialize.

Now? It rains. No It pours, 24 hours a day and it won’t stop. Everybody’s staying in.

The house floods when I’m not around. So I stay to make sure it doesn’t happen.

Someone told me they think I’m strong.

Me? Strong? Yeah- cos I am independent, I do everything on my own. In my defense, I don’t really know whom I can call if ever I need help.

Argh.

Maybe it’s the immediate change of environment. Just 2 days back I was home, with my family and yes eventhough it was raining all day there as well; I didn’t feel this bad. I wasn’t alone.

I’m just sad,and sick.

Yep, coming down with the flu and hating it.

Damp.moldy.and cold. –that’s my address.

Dee

0 thoughts: