Tuesday 13 January 2009

A Series of Unfortunate Events

It is like the series of loved childrens boks, or even a made for tv movie.

It started with the change of schedule. my On-call nights that lasted for 2 days, all through the weekend and sighs- yes, relentless comatose patients coming in with stroke, haemorhagging ones as well as trombositic or embolic. (you get my drift..) To make matters worse, there were 2 patiens in the ward i had to follow up their vital signs per hour.

1. the witching hour of midnight on saturday came and went with the passing of a patient that was doing farely well.

2. 2 am and another patient came rolling in, all epileptic and losing concsiousness.

3. 6 am and it is already monday where i; in my fourth week at neuro, supposed to be at a different hospital by 6.30 am.

4. First day at Pelamonia Hospital and my wallet got stolen from the on-call room
(along with all signs of identification, atm, credit card and my one and only copy of car ownership license)

5. Still Monday and i fell flat on my back in the rain, at the front gates of the Wahiddin teaching hospital. Yes, and i had people selling noodles laughing as i strut out, dirty coats and all.

6. This morning, Tuesday, my shift of on call nights got added as the squeaky little junior doctor reported that i gave her too many hours. sheeesh.

7. And for all the cursing i did, my car wouldn' start for an hour which ended up making me unable to pay for my immigration papers..

so..7 in all. or maybe i should add the one that started it all..another year of unrelenting rainfall that pours into my beautiful home ad causes mass destruction..ok.maybe not mass...but destruction all the same.

no sleep..i do eat though...no rest. and i still have my final exam to study for by Friday.

That, and the sad news i hear of the war in Palestine. What happened to humanity? Human rights?


Dee

0 thoughts: