Someone asked me what the heck- was i talking about..the whole banana-nut muffin cravings? well. Here's a recipe of it i found and trust to get your taste buds tickling with sweetness.
try it and u shall seee....if only i had an oven over here.
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 large)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unsalted macadamia nuts, toasted, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease twelve muffin cups or line with muffin papers. Sift first 4 ingredients into large bowl. Combine bananas, both sugars, butter, milk and egg in medium bowl. Mix into dry ingredients. Fold in half of nuts. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle tops of muffins with remaining macadamia nuts. Bake until muffins are golden brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Transfer muffins to rack and cool.
VoiLa! you have the best breakfast muffins ever. trumps blueberries anytime. ;)